Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A first.

 For my first blog post ever (officially 3 years after I created this blog), I'm going to write about a first for me.

The first (and only) concert I went to was in the spring of 2009. The concert was Billy Joel and Elton John on their Face to Face Tour. I got two tickets as my only birthday gift, and I gave one to my friend Eric Lauterbach to go with me, although I almost changed my mind at the last minute and took his sister, whom I had a huge crush on at the time.

The drive to Indianapolis was an uneventful one aside from the birth of an inside joke between Eric and I that consisted of a guy obsessed with the physical act of "snowballing," the contents of which I will not get into here. This character persisted all night, ordering two Indianapolis policemen, passersby, and eventually Billy Joel ad Elton John themselves to snowball each other.

The concert at Conseco Fieldhouse was fantastic. They sang their hits, they sang each others songs, they sang together, there were Elton John costume changes, Billy Joel hammed it up with theatrics, and it was an amazing experience overall.

On an ending note, one thing I've noticed about huge events of this sort (concerts, sporting events, etc) is the level of camaraderie present in men's bathrooms. Whether its small talk, joking, or noting the irony in urinating while Elton John is singing "Burn Down the Mission," it's always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment